A slow start to the month and a flourish of calls at the end of the month due to adverse weather conditions.
Calls for April 2015:
* 15th April House fire in Copeland Street, Lower Hutt - Traffic control, lighting, canteen.
* 24th April House fire in Rintoul Street, Stokes Valley - K28 when 2nd alarm stood down.
* 27th April Structure fire in Gracefield, Lower Hutt.
* 28th April Flooding Cambridge Street, Wellington - Aquavacs.
* 28th April Flooding Kilbirnie - Aquavacs.
* 28th April Flooding Wallaceville House, Upper Hutt - Aquavacs.
Firecalls for March 2015. A slow month to date.
* 6th Mar: Apartment Fire Mulgrave Street, Wellington
* 14th Mar: Flat fire Stephen Street, Upper Hutt
Feburary was a busy month relatively speaking for the unit. Here are the firecalls the unit attended during the month.
* 10th Feb: House fire in Normandale
* 20th Feb: Scrub Fire Wallaceville Hill
* 21st Feb: Business Fire Park Street, Upper Hutt
* 25th Feb: Domestic Flooding Marlborough Street, Upper Hutt
* 27th Feb: House Fire Mandel Mews, Lower Hutt
The unit was paged for a second alarm (very quickly upgraded to 3rd alarm) structure fire at the Trinity Hotel, Queens Drive, Lower Hutt. HWOS along with assistance from the Wainuiomata Operational Support unit took over control of the road closure from police as soon as we arrived. During the course of the day the unit also set up canteen, escorted residents through the smoke damaged portion of the building to collect personal belongings and assisted fire safety with lighting capability.
with the shocking weather across the country HWOSU had 3 call outs in a space of an hour, ranging from power lines down, flooding and scene protection
HWOSU were paged in the morning to assist Wellington Operational Support at the 5th alarm building fire in Kilbirnie. Unit members took over various tasks from Wellington so they could stand down to rest. Some of the taks involved traffic and crowd control, escort duties, K19, supply runs, refuling etc. Wellington came back on deck later in the adternoon with our members standing down for a couple of hours before our assistanace was requested once again.
More information and pictures can be found here
Video coverage can be found here
HWOSU were paged in the early hours of the morning to a 2nd alarm building fire in Sydney Street. Fire was under control once we reached the scene,unit provided traffic control.
In the early hours of Friday morning the unit was called upon for traffic control and road closures for the small fire in the KFC building in Upper Hutt.
HWOSU were paged to a k99 well involved structure fire last night at the old Petone Collage. The hall was well alight with smoke billowing out which could be seen from Wellington and Upper Hutt.
Members assisted with road closures, scene and crowd control and lighting
Further details can be found here.